I’m a creative strategist and product manager who specialises in mobile-driven experiences and new business models.
I help organisations rethink their customer experiences, design digital services, and adapt their business model as a result. I typically work as a strategy or product / service design lead. You can learn more about my work here. I’m based in Toronto, Canada but my work takes me places. I pride myself on my versatility and curiosity.
Throughout 2020 I ran a newsletter, Neobanked, that was published on Sundays every two weeks. The archive of issues lives here.
In early 2021, I launched Wall Street’s Best - an iMessage sticker app based on r/wallstreetbets memes. Launching weeks before the initial GameStop saga, it ultimately reached Top 50 in the iMessage app store.
I studied Actuarial Science at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and have since gained my CIMA / CGMA qualification. I’m also a ScrumMaster and a Saltire Scholar.
I enjoy talking about mobile products, coffee, podcasts, climbing, and books.
I live with my wife, my daughter, and our two Chihuahuas in Canada. We moved here from Scotland in 2021.
Get in Touch
Here is how I prefer to keep in touch:
- My favourite way to chat is email.
- I mainly write on this website.
- I’m active on Farcaster, a decentralised social network.
- I dislike LinkedIn but use it to connect with people I work with.
- I don’t use Instagram, Facebook, etc.
My favourite blogs are:
- Ben Thompson at stratechery.com
- Benedict Evans at ben-evans.com
- John Gruber at daringfireball.net
- Eugene Wei at eugenewei.com
- Alex Danco at alexdanco.com
- Arun Venkatesan at arun.is
I recommend some books here and podcasts here.
This blog is hosted on GitHub Pages and maitained using Jekyll, iA Writer, and Working Copy.
Last updated on March 10, 2023